Craft Beer & Wine Styled Shoot
Updated: Jul 11, 2019
A wedding styled shoot is a collaboration between many different creatives; photographers, models, venues, hair and makeup artists, florists, stylists, calligraphers, etc. One may choose to collaborate in a styled shoot for practice, publicity or just to scratch that creative itch. For me and Lindsay, it was all three.
In order for a styled shoot to gain attention, it has to be different from the mainstream of submissions. We wracked our brains for themes; boho? forest/adventure? DIY? Craft Beer & Wine? While we meant to only choose one, we ended up having contributions from all four; boho hair and attitude, forest adventure elopement, craft beer and wine themed venue reception hall, and DIY decorations. Hey, it's our *fake* wedding day, we can have it all!
Due to time constraints, we were unable to get photos of our couple in the venue hall. We ended up having roughly 15 minutes to photograph them in total and boy did they make those 15 minutes worthwhile.
Before our session, I knew Aubrie as chatty and bubbly while Taylor was more reserved. The second we got them in front of the camera, they transformed. Taylor was animated with love, boisterous and proud to have his beauty on his arm. Aubrie was shy and giggly as Taylor spun her around and embraced her.
At one point I prompted them to tell the other what they thought about each other person when they first met. The sequence of photos that followed was ear-to-ear smiles and bashful glaces towards the camera.
Capturing the love that unfolded in front of our lenses felt like I truly WAS photographing an elopement rather than a styled shoot. Either their love is real, or they're kick ass models. I think it's probably a mixture of the two, although I'd like to lean more towards true love ;).
Aubrie rocked her custom made Habitu Dress and enhanced our beautiful Wow Factor Floral bouquet. Her HMUA did an absolutely fabulous job on her hair to convey a relaxed, boho vibe.
View my full album at: https://tamaramerriphotography.pixieset.com/atfestivalbeachwedding/
Check out more of my favorite photos below:
View Lindsay's gallery here.
Meet our contributors:
- Lazarus Brewing Co, a local brewery who generously opened their doors to us before business hours to use their rustic, open concept space as our venue.
- Habitu Design, a local designer who made a custom, hand made wedding dress. The dress was classy yet revealing, form fitting yet unbound.
- Wow Factor Floral, out of Wimberly, a florist who provided our surprise bouquet and boutonniere, made up of cascading tulips and decadent details.
- Brown Fox Creative, the knot best of weddings winner since 2015 from Fort Worth, provided our invitation suite that had superb quality and color.
- HMUA Vivian I. M. Stephens, a local hair and makeup artist who is also a model and