Wedding Photography FAQ
1. How long until I receive my pictures?
You’ll receive your finished gallery within 60 days after your wedding. A few sneak peek photos will be sent the week following your wedding.
2. How will I receive my pictures?
I use the online gallery service pic-time.com. It is an online gallery that is super user friendly. You can easily download, print and share photos from your gallery.
3. How long will I have access to my pictures?
Contractually, your album will remain online for three months. However, I will have all photos backed up for a year, if not forever. In the event you misplace your photos, I can provide all photos for download again.
4. Where can I print out my photos?
The contract includes a print release allowing you to use any print company you wish. However, I offer professional printing services which you can conveniently order through your pic-time gallery. I recommend ordering any print larger than 5x7 through me because the photos are better quality and will stand the test of time.
5. When is payment due? How do I pay?
A 25% non-refundable retainer is due upon signing the contract. The remainder of payment is due one month before your wedding. Payments can be made online via Bank Transfer (preferred) or Credit Card.
6. Do I need a second shooter?
I’m super confident photographing a wedding solo. But you may want to consider getting a second photographer if one of the following applies to you:
- Your day requires a bit of transportation or complicated logistics.
- Two photographers can be at two places at once – during the getting ready process or cocktail hour.
- Different points of view of “once in a lifetime” moments such as the ceremony processional or first kiss.
- Additional backup / security if something were to happen to me or my gear.
7. Are there any travel fees?
Maybe! Each package inludes 100 miles roundtrip from zip 01543. Unless otherwise specified, the cost is $0.58 for every mile over 100 miles. Travel fees vary for destination weddings.
8. What do you do when you edit?
I correct for lighting/exposure, white balance, color correct, crop if necessary and add signature touches to match my style. I tweak each photo to be the best it can be. Then, I go through and do minor retouching to whiten teeth, remove any obvious zits, and smooth blemished skin from the main, "hero" shots.
9. Are there any additional fees?
Prints are sold separate. Retouching is $50 per photo. Retouching includes things like removing a person or object from an image, removing tan lines, or creating a slimmer appearance.
10. Will you be the one photographing my wedding or do you employ other photographers?
Tamara Merri Photography does have an associate shooter program when necessary. If you wish to work with me on a date I am booked, I have associate photographers to help with your day of photography. I, Tamara, would still be your point of contact and edit your photos. Plus, you can get a special rate if you use someone on my associate team!
11. Do you shoot digitally? With film? Both?
12. What is your photography style?
My editing style is true-to-life. My main priority is ensuring your skin tone remains the same. My shooting style is lifestyle with a mix of classic and editorial. Lifestyle photography is candid yet composed with some direction/prompting. The photos tell your story in a natural, relaxed manner.
13. Can I customize a package to fit my needs?
Yes. We can create a package that works best for your needs in terms of hours and add ons.
14. Will I receive high resolution photos? Negative/RAWs?
All photos are delivered in the highest possible resolution for printing purposes. You will not receive the RAW (negative) files, nor are the files available for purchase. You receive only edited photos.
15. Do you accept payments in installations?
Yes. You are welcome to make as many payments necessary to pay off the balance before your wedding. You will have access to view/make payments on your invoice through your client portal.
16. What is your refund or cancellation policy?
The retainer, and any subsequent payment received, is non-refundable. After the balance is paid in full, the only reason one would get any money back is if the photos were misplaced and you were unable to receive your gallery (this has never happened).
17. What will your attire be?
Usually black pants + a dark shirt or dress. I am amenable to wear a specific attire if you so choose.
18. Can I request specific shots/images I want throughout the day?
Absolutely, please do! This is your day. I want to customize and personalize your gallery as much as possible.
19. Will you be posting about our wedding on your website and social media?
Maybe! An item on the contract is the “model release” which allows me to share the photos on my website, social media, blog, submission to magazines, and/or advertising purposes. Please let me know if you are not comfortable with any of the methods.
20. Why hire a professional?
Professional wedding photographers are professional readers of light. For every single situation, we are reading the light to adjust camera settings to produce the best images possible. From glowy couples photos during sunset, to that candid of you hugging your mom- behind every photo is preparation, experience, and intension. You'll receive high quality, beautiful photos that will become heirlooms for your grandchildren.
Although it's more than just photography- it's timeline management, being one step ahead, quickly adjusting if something goes wrong, having a backup plan, being able to manage groups of people in a fun and professional way, and having the experience.
21. Can I see a full gallery?
Yes! You should absolutely view a full gallery from whichever wedding photographer you want to book.
Head to https://tamaramerriphotography.pic-time.com/client to see full galleries.
22. Have a question I didn't cover? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org